News Release<< Back
Household Holiday Recycling Impacts Availability of Consumer Paper Goods
Experience the interactive Multichannel News Release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/8683451-republic-services-household-holiday-recycling/
US retail e-commerce sales are expected to jump nearly 36% this year, according to a recent eMarketer report, and the
Consumers' recycling behaviors have a trickle-down effect, said
Household Waste Increases 25% During the Holidays
With all the gift giving, eating, drinking and decorating, American households each generate 25 percent more waste from
- DO: Cardboard and paper boxes should be recycled along with metal food and beverage cans.
- DON'T: Curbside recycling programs can't process most packaging materials, including bubble wrap, cellophane, plastic film and bags, air pillows and foam packaging. If you can't reuse or donate these materials, put them in your waste container.
- DO: Only plain, glitter-free and non-laminated paper gift bags, wrapping paper and envelopes can be recycled. Fancy bags, cellophane wrapping paper and shiny bows are not recyclable. Save and reuse these materials next year.
- DON'T: Recycling should always stay separated and loose. Never bag or box your recyclables before placing them in the bin. Also, flattening cardboard boxes will save space in your recycling cart.
- DO: All recyclables must be empty, clean and dry before they go into the bin.
For more tips on holiday recycling, visit RecyclingSimplified.com.
Media@RepublicServices.com, (480) 757-9770